CAVE DIVING: DOING IT SAFELY AND CORRECTLY ..
The cave diving class is designed to prepare divers to enter,exit and safely dive underwater caves.
- Cave Divers will learn the following skills:
- How to correctly configure equipment, plan and conduct an underwater cave dive.
- Emphasis is placed on mastery of air management (students are to expect decompression dives at this level), correct body position, emergency procedures, and cave line reel deployment and penetration techniques and cave passage navigation.
- Each cave diving course is conducted in two to three different cave systems:
- Cave, 4 dives minimum for this level of training
Cave Certification for training will be issued once the student has safely demonstrated all learned cave diving techniques.
The Cave Diving Student will be required to have additional equipment beyond Intro-To-Cave Diver standards to participate in the Cave Diving course.
Cave Diving Students must have: Double Cylinders with redundant regulators, a Primary Cave Penetration Reel, a Safety Reel,Jump/Gap Reels, 3 line arrows and non-directional markers, two line cutting devices and Three underwater lights of which one must be equivalent to a 10 watt HID and have sufficient burn time to last longer than the planned dive time
Prerequisites: Apprentice to cave, Minimum Age 18 years, by a recognized agency or equivalent.
The Cave Diver Class may be combined with any portion of the prerequisite classes and may be conducted over a 1 week period
Course fees do not include charter boat, park access fees, equipment rentals or sales.